The Gut Rehab Programme for IBS, SIBO, Dysbiosis and Leaky Gut
What you receive:
Initial 60 minute Consult
This appointment has two purposes: to make sure that we have all of the information needed to gain a comprehensive understanding of many of the factors affecting your health and to identify the correct lab testing needed based on your history and presenting symptoms.
Once you book your initial consultation, you will be sent some paperwork to fill out, this includes
- A detailed health and medical history questionnaire.
- A survey of your major complaints.
- An assessment of your most troubling and frequently experienced symptoms.
- A diet appraisal.
- A survey of your current supplements and medications
- A 3 day food symptom diary.
It is important that you take time to complete these intake forms, as they are vital in helping us understand your case.
During your initial 60-minute consultation, you will sit down with your practitioner to go over your health history, and review all your symptoms and diet. This comprehensive appraisal ensures that we have all of the information needed to gain a complete understanding of all the factors affecting your health and to get a baseline from which we can track improvement in your symptoms.
On completion of your assessment, your practitioner will:
- Recommend initial laboratory evaluations, specifically tailored to your personal case Click here for more info on the types of laboratory evaluations that we frequently use
- Provide you with dietary guidelines, including an allowable food list, eating plan, meal plan, meal planner and recipe book.
- Recommend initial supplements and lifestyle changes for you to begin.
Once you complete your labs and we have received the lab results you will move on to Step Two: the Report of Findings. This typically occurs 4 weeks after the Initial Consultation. While you wait for your labs to come back, you will be implementing the Eating Plan and initial supplement and lifestyle recommendations, and making forward progress.
Second Consultation 30 minutes Report of Findings
At the Report of Findings visit, your Naturopath will:
- Review the results of your lab testing.
- Discuss the underlying patterns and triggers that are contributing to your symptoms.
- Outline the suggested treatment plan, including dietary, supplement and lifestyle recommendations.
- Discuss the results of the Eating Plan.
- Answer any questions you have about the findings or the treatment plan.
Depending on the findings of your test results, treatment generally follows these stages:
- Removing any abnormal growth of bacteria, yeasts and/or parasites in your gut.
- Reducing inflammation and repairing the lining of your gastrointestinal tract.
- Restoring beneficial bacteria and re-establishing healthy bacterial balance in your gut.
- Restoring digestive secretions and gut immunity.
- Identifying food intolerances
20-30 minute follow up consultations
Once the Case Review is complete, you’ll have follow-up appointments every 4 weeks to check in with your progress as you move through the different stages of treatment
At these visits, we will review your progress on the treatment plan, fine-tune your protocol, troubleshoot any issues, customise your eating plan and reintroduce foods, make additional recommendations, and answer any questions you may have.
Regular email check ins
Your practitioner will email you to monitor your progress and answer any questions you may have.
Unlimited email support
Ongoing guidance, motivation and support through unlimited e-mail support: get your questions answered as they arise, so you always have clarity about the treatment plan.
Why a programme?
- Discovering the root cause of your problems, correcting them, resolving symptoms and restoring digestive health takes time (generally 6-12 months).
- By enrolling in the programme you are committing to this process, with the understanding it takes time and work to become symptom free, this makes success more probable.
- You are accountable to someone, this keeps you engaged and on track.
- You are given all the support you need, from recipes and eating plans, to troubleshooting, diet customisation, ongoing consultations and email support. We are there for you until the causes of your symptoms are resolved and you are living life IBS free.
Who is this programme for?
- You have been suffering with digestive issues, bloating, gas, pain, diarrhea, constipation, reflux, etc. for a number of years.
- You are frustrated at getting nowhere with conventional testing and treatments.
- You want to discover and correct the root cause of your symptoms, rather than just suppressing symptoms.
- You understand that getting better is a process that requires time and effort.
- You are prepared to make the diet and lifestyle changes needed to help achieve this.
- You understand the value of being supported and guided through this process.
- You are ready for a change and highly motivated to be free of your symptoms for good.
Initial Consult: $200*
Follow Up Consult: $100*
*Health fund rebates available. Does not include cost of testing and supplements.
To learn more about the testing and treatment options available to you we recommend you take a free 15 minute phone consultation with our Naturopath. During this call you can learn more about our treatments and have any questions you may have answered. This call is to determine if we are a good fit for one another rather than a history or complete consultation. There is no obligation, and no strings attached.
It is quick and easy to book your free 15-minute phone consultation using our online calendar. Just click the link below, choose a date and time convenient for you, enter your details, and our Naturopath will call you at your chosen time. Book here